Roots of Resilience Film Festival
Roots of Resilience Film Festival: Cultivating Sustainable Community in the High Country
Friday, April 28 at 7:00 pm
PSU 201AB Blue Ridge Ballroom
Free and open to the public; refreshments provided
Sustainability endeavors are growing strong in our community. In the High Country, we share a rich history of working together to ensure that our mountain region will forever be a wonderful place to call home. The Roots of Resilience Film Festival celebrates some of these efforts through a series of seven mini-documentaries, each spotlighting local people and organizations working on various dimensions of cultivating sustainable community, including:
- ASU Office of Sustainability (campus sustainability)
- Blue Ridge Conservancy (land protection)
- Blue Ridge RC&D (fire-adapted communities)
- Blue Ridge Women in Agriculture (sustainable agriculture)
- New River Conservancy (water protection)
- Todd Listening Project (community development)
- Valle Crucis Community Park (environmental education)
This event is hosted by participants in the Sustainable Development course Outreach Skills for Sustainability, including students and instructor Laura England (email@example.com).
Special thanks to Tom Hansell of University Documentary Film Services for assisting the class in planning and creating these mini-documentary films.