The Goodnight Family Sustainable Development Department has a resource program to assist small-scale growers. High-quality equipment is available to community members to support sustainable farming, including an Incubator and Mobile Processing Unit (MPU) on a trailer.
Equipment included with MPU Use: kill cabinet, picker, scalder, table, chill barrels, and more (see MPU User Agreement - DOC, 35 KB). The trailer is licensed and has brake and turn lights. The trailer hitch is 2 inch; trailer registration is in supply tub, extra tires are on the MPU.
User must provide: electrical hookup, extension cords, potable water and other necesarry supplies such as: propane tank, knives, knife sharpener, shears, hose (foodgrade), hose nozzles, ice, bags, ties, scrub brush cleaner, etc.
Liability: User must sign SD MPU User Agreement Form and is liable for the equipment while it is in their possession. The MPU must be returned in the condition in which it was made available.
- New users must contact SD for training before scheduling.
- Download general information regarding on-farm poultry processing (PDF, 1 MB).
- General training on small scale poultry processing is offered at least once per year.
Pricing & Payment Details:
- $50 for 3-day use
- Make checks payable to: Sustainable Development
- Mail to Brooke Kornegay, Sustainable Development Department, ASU Box 32080, Boone NC 28608.
- Payment is due by the initial day of use
- Download MPU User Agreement (DOC, 35 KB)
Questions: Please contact Todd Rudicill with questions at email@example.com or 336-877-3455.
- You may now reserve the unit on-line.
- New users must contact Brooke for training before scheduling.
- Users may now self-schedule using the MPU Online Reservation & Availability Calendar.
- Pricing: $50 for 1-3 day use. Your reservation will automatically block 4 days off the calendar, but 4th day will be used for any necessary cleaning, maintenance, or repair.
This project was supported by Heifer International and the Seeds of Change Initiative.
Additional Equipment: Incubator
- 150-egg incubator available for $10 for 30 days
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Incubator Online Reservation & Availability Calendar